Sunday, August 27, 2006

LAZY THOUGHTS OF A LAZY GIRL ON LOVE



"Love is of man's life a thing apart;
'Tis woman's whole existence."

So sings the poet, and so agrees the world. Humiliating as it is to make the confession, it is undeniably true. "Men and Dress are all women think about," cry the lords of creation in their unbounded vanity. And again, we must submit--and agree--to the truth of the accusation; at any rate, in nine cases out of ten. Fortunately I am a tenth case; at least, I consider myself so. I don't dispute the "dress" imputation. I am very fond of dress. Nearly as fond of it as the twenty-year old youth, and saying that, I allow a good deal. But very few of my thoughts are given to the creature "man"! I do not think him worth it. As my old nurse used to say, "I never 'ad noopinion of the sex!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lazy Thoughts of a Lazy Girl (Sister of That Idle Fellow. )

Lazy Thoughts of a Lazy Girl (Sister of That Idle Fellow. )

Lazy Thoughts of a Lazy Girl (Sister of That Idle Fellow. )

Web Blog Pinging Service Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

divorce resources
divorce resources Counter